Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 17: a day for roses

The pension, so lovingly run by a mother and her college aged son was snug and lovely, but with each dawn the road calls.  We sat for a coffee (Pete always orders con leche, I always order cafe solo--cappuchino and expresso respectively) and the set out into the growing light.  By the end of the day we would cover 30K.  The theme of the day seemed to be roses.  Every turn on every path brought us to houses, or garages, or walls, even climbing up trees roses.  It is amazing to me that a few days away from the fumes and smells of the city allows me to so clearly pick out the gentle scent of theses roses.  They do remind me of my wife just in the softness of their aroma (especially compared to Pete and I after just a few K in the morning and then for the rest of the day!).  The days are flowing past of this great journey, but the discoveries are just as profound each day.  Roses, so beautiful, so fragrant--the old saw is exactly right--stop 

So I write all this about roses and do I have a good picture?  Well imagine them thick and everywhere.

Today I asked for serenity and blessing with Bill R, Quentin, Sarah, and Sade S.  It is a daily honor and privilege to lift up the faithful and their needs and in turn be lifted up by them.








No comments:

Post a Comment